Head of Risk
|Date posted:||08 Jul, 2016|
|Salary:||To £100K + Bens|
My client is a prestigious and successful Financial Services provider based in Milton Keynes. Due to the growth of the business and subsequent expansion on the Risk Management function they are current recruiting for a Head of Risk.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer and with 3 direct reports your main responsibilities will include;
- Oversight and management of the implementation of a consistent Risk Management framework
- Provide Risk oversight and guidance to the Board
- Act as a mentor, coach and leader in order to provide clear direction and focus to Risk Management direct reports
- Create an environment which supports and embraces change, offering guidance and support to the Risk Management team
- Develop and control the Risk Management budgets
- Development of in life risk bearing potential assessment, leading the development of behaviour scoring models
- Accountability as deputy for the Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Processing of internal suspicious reports and decisions
- Responsibility for the Financial Crime Prevention function
- Meet and maintain the regulatory requirements for becoming and remaining an Approved Person
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Act as the ‘Voice of the Customer’ in and across the business
- Provide support to the business in ensuring compliance with all financial, regulatory, legal and governance requirements
- Ensure strong governance and operational control principles are the basis of the business
You will be a senior Risk professional with considerable experience within the Consumer Finance or Banking sectors. You will have experience of managing Compliance, Internal Audit and Risk activities within a small to medium sized Financial Services provider.
My client offers a competitive base salary and an outstanding benefits package.