Senior Internal Auditor - Financial Services
|Date posted:||04 Jul, 2018|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 + Excellent Benefits|
My client is a Financial Services provider based in Milton Keynes. Due to the continued success of the company and subsequent expansion of the Audit function they are currently recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor.
Reporting to the Head of Audit your key responsibilities will include;
- Deputise for the Head of Internal Audit when necessary.
- Autonomously lead any kind of audits, analysing and assessing the risks of each business area and its activities
- Undertake any ‘special audits’, ad hoc reviews, fraud investigations or special projects requested.
- Assess and report audit findings and develop, in co-operation with the Heads of and Board of Management members of each department
- Track and follow-up of audit actions
- Representing Internal Audit on key project boards
- Be the subject matter expert (esp. in key areas of focus for the Internal Audit, including Consumer credit, FCA regulations, Anti-Corruption and Bribery, Anti-Money Laundering, Accounting Standards)
- Perform quality assurance on audit working papers of other auditors in the department .
- Establish and maintain a network of key contacts in the business areas, on all hierarchical levels.
- Maintaining effective relationships with other control functions
- Liaise with External Auditors as required during the annual audit
- Interpret regulatory and legislative requirements for Internal Audit Functions
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in recruiting new staff
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in the forecasting, budgeting and planning for the Internal Audit Function
- Support the Head of Internal Audit to review and enhance the audit planning, methods and quality on an ongoing basis
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in the production of the monthly reports to the Board of Management
You will be a qualified auditor with a minimum of 3 years experience. Experience of working within the Financial Services sector OR of auditing Financial Services clients is essential. My client offers an attractive salary and outstanding benefits package.