Data Protection Officer
|Date posted:||04 Jun, 2020|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 + Excellent Bens|
My client is an established Financial Services provider based in Birmingham City Centre. Due to the continued success of the organisation and subsequent growth of the Risk Management function, they are currently recruiting for a Data Protection Officer.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance your main responsibilities will include;
- Enhance the awareness, identification, management, reporting and mitigation of Information Risk
- Liaise with Information Security teams to ensure risks are accurately articulated
- Ensure material risks are identified and mitigated in line with internal controls systems and policy compliance
- Work in conjunction with the Information Security Manager to provide assurance that the company is fulfilling its obligations for holding and processing information
- Design and deliver Information Risk training to the business, when appropriate
- Represent Information Risk at key management committee meetings, steering groups and Business leadership meetings.
- Supporting the implementation and embedding of the Information Management Framework
- Policy owner for the Information Management policy
- Monitor compliance with GDPR and other data protection laws
- Facilitate GDPR compliance through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures
You will be an Data Protection professional with a minimum of 3 years experience. A CISSP, CISM or CISA qualification is desirable, although not essential. My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package and scope to progress within the company.