Operational Risk Manager
|Date posted:||18 Nov, 2014|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 + Bens|
My client is a Financial Services provider based in the South West. Due to the continued success of the business and subsequent expansion of the Risk department they are currently recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Risk you will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of operational risk across the business.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- To contribute to the development, implementation and management of the Risk Framework, risk appetite, policies, procedures and management information requirements covering market, credit and operational risk
- To drive provision and maintenance of an accurate and reliable risk profile, partnering with the Business areas to ensure identification of critical business processes, and to ensure that all key risks are properly identified, assessed, monitored, controlled and reported
- To undertake independent assurance of the adequacy and effectiveness of management of risks, controls and processes.
- To lead, drive and embed best practice and pragmatic risk/control management across the organisation, demonstrating an understanding of the control weaknesses
- To alert Senior management of any significant changes to the Operational risk environment, deteriorating exposures and counterparties and evidence of emerging risks.
You will be a Risk professional with extensive experience within the Financial Services sector. My client is particularly keen to speak with candidates currently in an Operational Risk role, but have previously worked in either Finance or IT.