AML Compliance Officer
|Date posted:||18 Nov, 2014|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 + Benefits|
My client is a Blue Chip Financial Services Provider based in Birmingham City Centre. Due to the continued success of the company and subsequent expansion of Corporate Governance they are currently recruiting for a Compliance Officer within AML Compliance.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- To ensure that the business conducted is in compliance with the UK AML regulations and the bank’s AML policies
- Manage AML escalation issues for the business
- Participate with any New Product approvals alongside Compliance Advisory
- Review and approve high risk client escalations
- Where requested by either the business or Compliance Advisory, liaise with Risk Agencies
- To assist and advise the business areas when setting up new procedures and processes
- Advise on UK AML regulations by performing training
- Ensure that any potentially suspicious transactions identified locally or via monitoring tools
- Ensure all business partners are made aware of the AML record retention requirements
- Ensure all procedures relating to the business coverage model are up to date
- Track AML issues identified either through regulatory and internal audit reviews, Compliance Advisory
- Provide monthly/quarterly/annual updates and metrics for inclusion within appropriate management reports
You will be:
- Educated to degree level
- Preferably 1 - 3 Years experience in an AML, legal, compliance or regulatory background, preferably within the financial services industry.
- Action oriented with a strong focus on completing tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Professional business attitude in the workplace.
- Proficient in computer literacy, specifically Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access
- Experience in Asset/Wealth Management is desirable although not essential