Senior Audit Manager
|Date posted:||09 Dec, 2014|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 + Bens|
My client is an established and prestigeous Financial Services provider based in the East Midlands. Due to the restructure and expansion of the Corporate Governance function they are currently recruiting for a Senior Audit Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Audit you will help ensure that the Internal Audit function helps to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation. You will take responsibility for the execution of allocated areas of a risk based Internal Audit Plan, and in doing so, provide assurance over the effectiveness of the company's governance, risk management and control frameworks to business stakeholders, and for reporting to the Board Audit Committee.
Your responsibilities will include;
- To deliver elements of the Internal Audit Plan relating to Regulatory Compliance, Conduct Risk and Risk Management Frameworks
- To deliver other audits as required by the Internal Audit Plan, to ensure the internal audit team meets its commitments to the Board Audit Committee
- To provide expert guidance and advice to the audit team members about regulatory issues, industry codes of conduct, regulatory findings
- To provide expert guidance to the team on methodologies to support the identification of risks
- To design, build and maintain a mapping of key compliance requirements to the entities within the auditable universe
- To own the audit relationship with the Regulatory and Conduct Risk function
- When required, to act as the deputy for the Head of Internal Audit
To support the Head of Internal Audit in devising departmental strategy
You will be an Audit professional with a recognised qualification in Audit or Compliance. You will have a working knowledge of the Financial Services sector have an understanding of existing and emerging regulatory requirements and demonstrate an ability to maintain such knowledge over time. You will have experience of experience of regulatory visits and have experience of working with risk and compliance functions and external auditors in the delivery of co-ordinated assurance to a business.