Head of Risk
|Date posted:||17 Dec, 2014|
|Salary:||£100-£120K + Bens|
My client is a Financial Services provider based in the Midlands. Due to the continued success of the organisation and subsequent growth of the Corporate Governance function they are currently recruiting for a Head of Risk.
This is a new role within the business. Reporting to the CEO you will have direct responsibility for ensuring the effectiveness of the following business areas:
Credit Risk (both Retail and Commercial) , Operational Risk, Market Risk plus an oversight of Financial Crime and Compliance.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the company operates and maintains a comprehensive risk management culture, adhering to regulations and ensuring that the risk environment is properly managed with effective processes to identify, manage, monitor and report the risks the bank currently face or might be exposed to.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Work proactively with the Board and Executive in establishing and monitoring the risk appetite of the organisation
- Ensure the risk appetite and culture is embedded within the organisation and appropriate limits and reporting established via 'fit for purpose’ teams
- Provide an efficient and flexible risk based approach to identifying, reporting and monitoring on risk across the company
- Oversight of the Compliance and Financial Crime functions
- Make a positive and effective contribution to the Executive Committee, providing input into the development, presentation and implementation of the strategic and annual business plans
- Provision of an appropriate level of challenge to and act as the 'risk conscience’ of the Executive Committee on all commercial matters
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting requirements are met
- Ensure the Bank has a control environment that demonstrates it acts with integrity in its dealings with customers and the markets it engages in
- Ensure that the Risk and Compliance teams have the skills and experience commensurate with the risks of the organisation
- Effectively manage the Risk Committee ensuring effective monitoring and reporting or risks and resolution of issues
You will be a Financial Services professional with proven experience within a senior level Risk position. You will have recruited, managed and developed teams of staff and had responsibility for implementing Risk Controls and Frameworks in previous roles. A strong understanding of Commercial Credit Risk is desirable although not essential.