Operational Risk Manager
|Date posted:||22 Jan, 2015|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 + Bens|
|Location:||Stoke on Trent|
My client is a large Financial Services provider based in the North West. Due to the continued success of the business and subsequent expansion of the Risk function they are currently recruiting for an Operational Risk Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and supervising a small team the role will involve;
- Active engagement in further developing and implementing the Company’s risk management framework and processes
- Performance of risk reviews to: identify and assess key risks impacting the business objective, analyse control processes to identify issues, produce reports for senior management and relevant governance committees
- Independent review and challenge of risk registers for adequacy and technical correctness
- Management challenge so that risks are managed and mitigated in an effective timely pragmatic cost efficient manner
- Key contributor to emerging and horizon risk debates and reporting
- Capture, escalation and tracking of incidents and losses
- Co-ordination of aggregated risk reporting to the CRO
- Managing issue capture, escalation, resolution and analysis of 'lessons learned’
You will be a Risk professional with extensive experience within the Financial Services sector. You will have Comprehensive knowledge of regulations pertaining to risk management including FCA and PRA regulations. Insurance experience is desirable, although not essential.