Information Security Manager
|Date posted:||17 Feb, 2015|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 + Outstanding Benefits|
My client is a growing Financial Services provider based in Milton Keynes. Due to the continued success of the business and subsequent growth of the Information Security function, they are currently recruiting for an Information Security Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Information Security you will be responsible for supporting the operational environment in the key security objective to protect the company and its assets. Your responsibilities will include-
- Establish, in conjunction with the IT management team, an effective framework to facilitate the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of risks within the organisation which have IT impacts.
-In conjunction with the IT management team embed a risk aware culture within the IT function and contribute to the cultural development across the organisation.
- Actively manage the relationship with the IT risk and compliance areas within the business to ensure requirements are clearly understood and that local implementation and compliance is adhered to.
- Provide quality, IT Security Risk Management advice and guidance (including queries on the internal minimum standards for IT risk management) to IT Department, other departments and projects that enables them to understand and where necessary, take action to mitigate Information Security risk
- Pro-actively develop tools for use by the Information Security team
- As requested, participate in external networking, including representation of the Company at relevant external forums and committees to obtain best working practice
- Evaluate any kind of new IT security risk in a system, software or process, so it can be communicated internally and as appropriate externally
You will be a motivated Information Technology professional looking to develop your career, with sound knowledge of the industry and previous experience of working within Information Security. Financial services industry experience desired but not essential. CISA qualified individuals are of interest.